Welcome to the PPDB Project Home Page!
The Political Party Database Project is a cross-national collaborative initiative to establish a regularly-updated, online, public database as a central source for key information about political party organization, party resources, leadership selection, and political participation within parties. This project is supported by an international team of experts on political parties. Our aim is to advance the comparative study of political parties as central actors in representative democracies. The Party Statute Archive represents our first contribution of a new resource to facilitate research in this area.
More information about the project can be found in Assessing Party Organizational Change: Participation, Representation and Power, a paper presented at the 2013 American Political Association Meetings.
This project has been supported by funding from the following institutions and associations. We are grateful for their support.
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (Germany)
- Economic & Social Research Council (UK)
- National Science Foundation (US)
- European Consortium for Political Research – ECPR Research Sessions 2011
- Israel Studies Collaborative (ISC) at the Schusterman Center for Jewis Studies, University of Texas at Austin
- Levi Eshkol Institute for Social, Economic and Political Research
- Heinrich Heine UniversityDüsseldorf --Party Research Institute (PRuF)
- University of Houston – Small Grants Fund
- University of Oslo – Småforsk (research fund)
- University of Leiden
- University of Sydney – International Program Development Fund